Sunday, December 16, 2012

Some school work from this year.

Spring of 2012 kind of felt like a repeat of the precious two semester where I felt like I was in rendering hell which made me feel downright miserable. I enjoy illustration, I really do. I just hate it when I have to take a piece to a photo-realistic finish. My mentality is that I'm too impatient and I don't like painting.

But I sucked it up and did what I had to do. An honestly, I felt like I came out better for it. Here's some pieces I got out of it-



[acrylic on cold-press illustration board]

These next few are the from the final project for this class- two acrylic renderings of two forests, one daytime, one nighttime, and one of them having some kind of fantasy element-







 
[acrylic on cold-press illustration board]

HOWEVER I also had a really awesome figure drawing class during the same semester with a really great teacher. The final assignment for this class was to put together an "anatomy book" in which we basically had free reign over. This project sincerely helped me with my human anatomy and I'm really glad I had this project-











[Col-Erase, Micron pens, watercolor]

Fall of this year was infinitely easier on me mentally and artistically. The two art classes I took were in animation and modeling. Modeling in Maya was definitely... interesting. I can't say that I like it a whole lot but after many nights of sweating and swearing I think I finally got the hang of it-






[Autodesk Maya 2012]

As for my animation class, that was a LOT of fun. We kept a sketchbook and were assigned weekly to do gesture drawings of people from life-



[blue Col-Erase, SKB pens, Sharpie pens, Copic brush pens]

Probably my favorite assignments were to go out to the zoo and do gesture studies of an animal of our choice. I love anteaters. I love anteaters a lot-




[blue Col-Erase, SKB pens, Faber-Castell brush pens, Sharpie pens]

We were also assigned to take some of our people gestures and redraw the scenes using our chosen animals. Those were especially fun-

[Faber-Castell brush pens, Sharpie pens]

As for the actual animation part of the animation class, my favorite assignments were the pencil tests with actual character in them-


And I'm particularly proud of how my final animation for the class came out-


Damn this is a long post haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment